CLI Help

Hello all,

I am having a difficult time trying to create a parameter export XML file for obj’s and I was wondering if someone could help me out on what the file should look like. I know from the help screen it gives an example of what the xml could look like but when I use it and adjust some of the values command line gives me an error. This is what I have for the xml:

<ModelExport
exportInfoFile=“1” exportColors=“1” exportTextures=“1” textureFileFormat=“jpg”
tileType=“_color” exportTextureAlpha=“0” exportToOneTexture=“0”
exportCoordinateSystemType=“0” settingsMoveX=“0” settingsMoveY=“0” settingsMoveZ=“0”
settingsScalex=“1” settingsScaley=“1” settingsScalez=“1”>
</ModelExport>

I am not a coder so this could be quite off haha but I would really like batch with reality capture. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Joel Kucey

it’s easy to do :smiley:

export any file and set the desired parameters in the export dialog menu

1. set the RCINFO file to TRUE
  2. set everything as you need in the dialog
  3. export the “sample” OBJ

Screenshot 2016-09-21 09.20.41.png

then open the RCINFO file and delete all except the marked area.

Screenshot 2016-09-21 09.20.41.png

then save it as say OBJparams.XML and get all what you need for the CLI batch commands

Thanks Wishgranter for pointing me in the right direction. I am not getting the error anymore using the .obj.info file as a base for the xml :slight_smile:
However now when I run the process in command line the software hangs on the obj export step. this is what I have for my command line input:

RealityCapture.exe -newScene -addFolder %MYImagePath%\FullColor\ -align -setReconstructionRegionAuto -mvs -calculateVertexColors -calculateTexture -exportModel “mesh” %MyPath%\mesh.obj %MyPath%\OBJparams.xml -save %MyPath%\Mesh.rcproj -quit

The parameter file looks identical to the one you have highlighted above but is there something I am missing here in order for the export to run?

Thanks

Hi Joel Kucey
Try to change this syntax

-exportModel “mesh”

to

-exportModel “Model 2”
it could be just “Model 1”

Yeah that looks like it fixed that hang up. Thanks so much for the help! :slight_smile: