Clening my Rider/VS project build force me to verify my Engine installation on Epic Launcher

HI,

I dont know if this is the correct place for this but I found some weird behaviors with UE5 on my machine, this dont have anything to do with hardware as far as I can understand.

Machine:

• Windows 11
  • Rider 2022.1
  • UE5

Now I found 2 weird situations:

The on the first one was working on a new clean UE5 project based on the TP template as far as I check “One File Per Actor” is not enabled on the project but the folders “ExternalActors” and “ExternalObjects” exist on the Content folder, when I deleted those folders so I can only include what I need on my private Github repository I found that my project wont compile, or open any project anymore and the error indicated that the “Unreal Build Tool is not found on the System” I had to verify my Engine installation and download 11GB of files and after that my projects worked again with no problem with the “ExternalActors” and “ExternalObjects” folder restored manually.

On the second one I was using Rider to compile the source of another project and I decided to “Clean” my solution build after this I couldn’t compile or open my project or any other project wont compile or open any project anymore and the error indicated that the “Unreal Build Tool is not found on the System” I had to verify my Engine installation and download 11GB of files and after that my projects will work without issues.

I found this issue 4 times but I only found the root cause the 2 incidents as I stated before.

What I tried to do to found a solution?

• I uninstall and re installation of Rider with the same results.
  • I uninstall and a re installation of UE5 with the same results.
  • I tried to make a copy of everything I deleted on my project like the “ExternalActors” and “ExternalObjects” folders but after the error “Unreal Build Tool is not found on the System” is prompted there is no other solution.

Now the questions.

• Is this the expected behavior? (Wasn’t this before in UE4)
  • Did you guys experience anything similar?
  • Did you guys found a way to solve this?

At this point both problems seems to be “unrelated” but I doubt that this is a Rider problem.