Clear selection and remove option triggering combo box.

Hey, I can’t tell if this is a bug, or I’m not understanding how these function.

I have a combo box I’m using to store profiles etc. It works great.
But If I use the “clear selection” node or the “remove option” node, then the “On selection changed” node triggers too.

Which makes sense I guess as the combo box is changing in some way… But it’s causing double triggers.

Update: Strangely, add option doesn’t trigger it at all as the selected one isnt changing (Hence on selection changed, it isnt at that time) and remove option does it when the current selection is being removed.(Hence when the selection is forcefully changed due to the removal)

Assumably this is also whats happening with clear selection.

but how to get around that I guess is the question?

• Maybe clear the selection before the removal? But it feels like itd trigger the box as its changing.

tldr: “Clear Selection” node is causing “on selection changed” to be triggered, As it’s being changed with the clearing.
I’m getting the same with “Remove option” Node too, If I remove the option that is selected. Its changed and thus triggers “on selection changed”

Any way to stop that from happening?

OK well :rofl: :rofl:

This works. It feels janky as hell, but I guess Some solutions just are.

I basically made a gate. I avoided an actual gate because it requires a bunch of functions/executions, and this seemed to cut down on the most amount of nodes required. essentially, it just stops the second trigger.

Equally, because the remove option node does the same, this also cancels out the second trigger on that because there’s nothing selected to trigger.

Did make me laugh ^ ;p

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.