Clarification on Asset Usage

Okay. I haven’t read a lot of Terms of Use etc… in my life. To be clear I DID read UE5’s Terms, though my unfamiliarity with the language leaves me wanting to make absolutely sure I am understanding it correctly.
Am I correct that according to the ToU, if by some miracle of god I actually have a shred of talent and manage to make something that other people would want to play. And in said game I use assets from Quixel Bridge, the Epic Games Marketplace, and the stock assets that come with UE5 (because I have absolutely no talent in designing assets from scratch). As long as those assets are integrated into the game and in no way shape or form individually distributed or profited from, separately from the game.
Then I am allowed to make full use of those assets and even publish a game using them without any incurring any financial obligations, or violating any property rights.
Is that assessment of meaning correct?

1 Like

You can use MS and Marketplace assets to make a game, and sell the game. That’s how it’s meant to work :wink:

Some things you can’t do ( which is in the terms and makes sense ), are

1. Resell the assets. You can’t buy a pack from the marketplace, change a few things and expect to resell it somewhere.

2. Use any Epic trademarked names. There are a lot of characters and animations free from Epic, which you can use, but you can’t use the original names of the character, places etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.