CitySample Chaos crash

#UE5

I’am trying the CitySample Showcase. It’s amazing! Except when I was driving the car and hit a few other vehicles, the game crash down. Below is the message shown:

Assertion failed: NumItems() < MaxItems() [File: build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Evolution\SolverBodyContainer.cpp] [Line: 27]

Is there anybody who can help me figure out what the problem is?

Many thx!

4 Likes

Same, did you figure it out?

Hi man , I got the exact same issue like your’s,have you solved it out?

I’m encountering the same issue (not in the city demo though). I think it’s somehow related to if the set of Dynamic/Kitematic particles changes across physic simulations.

i have same problem in city sample demo

its happen when i hit other spawned cars from parket spawn actors , but when i spawn it manually do not happen

same error, this happens every time you hit some car or NPC

LoginId:d4236bcc4a85667a69453584c4707810
EpicAccountId:c433c398429445399fdc1f24308adeee

Assertion failed: NumItems() < MaxItems() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Evolution\SolverBodyContainer.cpp] [Line: 27]

UnrealEditor_Chaos!Chaos::FSolverBodyContainer::AddParticle() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Evolution\SolverBodyContainer.cpp:27]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!Chaos::FSolverBodyContainer::FindOrAdd() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Evolution\SolverBodyContainer.cpp:43]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!Chaos::FPBDJointConstraints::PreGatherInput() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDJointConstraints.cpp:890]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!Chaos::TPBDConstraintIslandRuleChaos::FPBDJointConstraints::GatherSolverInput() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDConstraintRule.cpp:187]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!Chaos::FPBDRigidsEvolutionGBF::GatherSolverInput() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDRigidsEvolutionGBF.cpp:664]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!<lambda_27b7b0d73b2a1aca3354d63768153bab>::operator()() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\PBDRigidsEvolutionGBF.cpp:468]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!<lambda_041993bad8fe4a9b9c7e24fd27132542>::operator()() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Private\Chaos\Framework\Parallel.cpp:76]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!ParallelForImpl::NewParallelForInternal<TFunctionRef<void __cdecl(int)>,<lambda_06f0d5d1c5fc9bccb0e7d1fd1e70ca42>,std::nullptr_t>'::2’::FParallelExecutor::operator()() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\ParallelFor.h:566]
UnrealEditor_Chaos!LowLevelTasks::TTaskDelegate<void __cdecl(bool),48>::TTaskDelegateImpl<<lambda_1bf4a01354d569cb2631b3617c09e35e>,0>::CallAndMove() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Fundamental\TaskDelegate.h:171]
UnrealEditor_Core!LowLevelTasks::FTask::ExecuteTask() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Fundamental\Task.h:426]
UnrealEditor_Core!LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::TryExecuteTaskFrom<&LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024>::TLocalQueue::DequeueGlobal,0>() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\Fundamental\Scheduler.cpp:280]
UnrealEditor_Core!LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::WorkerMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\Fundamental\Scheduler.cpp:320]
UnrealEditor_Core!UE::Core::Private::Function::TFunctionRefCaller<<lambda_776551d1e343b6cb7eaf0e5521c77c81>,void __cdecl(void)>::Call() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\Function.h:549]
UnrealEditor_Core!FThreadImpl::Run() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\HAL\Thread.cpp:69]
UnrealEditor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:146]

I also encountered the same problem.