City Vehicle Sample's collision issue

Hi! I’m trying to make a racing scene with City Sample’s Vehicle in UE5.0.3

I made a instance level of overpass from City sample’s small map
and drag it in to the Vehicle Test Map

after play, my vehicle is not applied by overpass’s collision
it just passthrough

is there specific way to creat collision?

i’m trying to use take recorder for vehicle driving on the overpass and i’m stuck in here with this problem
it would be great if i can get some help from you guys

Hey there @user_e0ca2adb967d61f8d214af68698af61e2af430a115f8f8654fa00a! If that track isn’t specially generated as a spline with some wizardry, then you should be able to generate collisions for it in the static mesh itself. So the first question if if the static mesh has collisions already and are just not colliding with your car. If there’s no collisions, follow the steps below to make some. If there are collisions, we’re going to have to go to check and see if it’s currently blocking all or specifics.

But be warned, it’s only convex generation so if you have other pieces that are whacky shaped the generation may not go well. For the piece you have in front of you however? Give it a shot and let me know.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for your reply!
I went to static mesh editor and checked the collision
I guess there is no collision so I created newauto Convex Collision and saved the mesh but the car is not colliding with road…

it works perfect with City Sample map but not when i use for other levels…

Hmmm, that’s odd. I’m going to take a guess and say that the convex collision is considered the complex collision, and that isn’t being used for the collisions at large for this project. Most projects are set to use simple collisions at all times, and since this didn’t have one you aren’t making contact. So go into the Static Mesh for the track and enable us complex collision as simple for the collision complexity and make sure customized collision is checked.

Then check and make sure the vehicles wheels are set to block objects of the type your road is. search under your vehicles movement component for Wheel trace collision responses. They should be set up correctly already, but just to be sure.

Let me know how it goes!