City Sample Not compatible with brand new 5.1

Hello just install the last final version of UE5.1 and trying to install a new version of City Sample compatible 5.1 I get the error : iV-CMD-DREQ and a message someting like : “This content need compatible version…”

Anyone the same ? any solution ?

1 Like

Yeah they are going to have to update some of the C++.
Hopefully they will post an update for the project soon - I’m looking forward to seeing it in 5.1 too!

1 Like

I also get this error when attempting to download it. The Unreal Engine 5.1 version is installed and working with other samples like Lyra so this needs to be fixed before we can get the 5.1 City Sample.

1 Like

Same, anyone know how this could be solved? Maybe opening the 5.0 version and building with 5.1?

It is fixed now

2 Likes

If there are gimmicks to getting it to work then please document it here:

There are a lot of scattered collaboration concerning the City Sample code on the internet.
The server aims to fix both of those problems with continuing support for City Sample from the unreal community.

1 Like

Can the OP confirm Arturogalaxy comment?
If that’s true, that’s really good .

I’ve downloaded the 5.1 version and it’s working. It seems be running a lot smoother too - I was able to have 100% people and cars with it running at around 35fps (medium scalability as I’ve only got an 8gig 3070ti)

2 Likes

What? I have been trying all day to get it to work? Did you just switch City sample exe to 5.1? This would be really great to document in our server.

I deleted the 5.00 version first, I don’t know if that made any difference - so it was a fresh download, but apart from that, nothing different, it just worked…

1 Like

Awesome thanks for explaining. That makes sense too!

1 Like

Try [RecourseDesign]'s solution. If it works for you, then set his comment as the solution :slight_smile:

Hi all, I had the same problem. I made a custom project out of the City Sample and I couldn’t open it in 5.1 and not only that. It didn’t let me open in UE 5.0 since then cause it told me that was built in a newer version.
So, I did this and it worked to me:
I went to the "vault cache "folder in the program data folder for epic games launcher, I opened it from there and once in the project I opened from there.
I hope that is useful for somebody.

1 Like

I’m not surprised it doesn’t work with version 5.1…is an example of a AAA level exemple it is a fill decorated christmas tree with 2 kilometers of RGB strips and naval container full of decorations whit a lighthouse at the tip…
unreal engine have the habit of upgrade himself in beter and that make things incompatible
I don’t even want to imagine how many things you have to synchronize from version 5.0 to 5.1 on a project big laik this… mounts off work meby mor omg no one in their right mind would do such a job…

actually
I reinstalled it with 5.03
and it works better than 5.1
I keep 5.03 anyway because I dev quest
They may not update those samples for a while
I still keep 4.27 so I can run the infiltrator demo properly
its fun to study

1 Like

Hi, can share a new link to the discord server?

Actually I am facing a similar problem, I cannot get into my ue5.1 project neither the City Sample Buildings, the City Sample Crowds nor the City Sample Vehicles as they seems not to be compatible with 5.1 while the entire city sample is compatbile… anyone can explain?

You have to make a new City project from 5.1 because it will recompile the project for 5.1 or 5.0 when you make the proj.
I haven’t been able to do anything with those separate packs either, only the whole city.

1 Like

This worked for me for 5.1, thank you!

Sorry it should work now Beyond City Sample!