Cinema4D import to Unreal Engine (.obj File)

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to the scene and also Unreal Engine. I already played a bit with the Engine and tried out some things. Then I had this idea of importing a Minecraft World which was built by a team. I wanted to use it as a base for another idea I had. So I searched a way to import it. With a program called “mineways” you can turn the world file into a .obj file. Then you can easily import it to Cinema4D or other render programs like Blender or Maya. After importing the .obj file you have to apply the textures which are saved as a .png file.
Now you got the world in Cinema4D and then I read about the possibility to import .fbx files into UE. I exported the project as .fbx and tried to import it into UE. It starts loading but it always crashes or stucks somewhere at 50%.

Do you have any ideas why this happens? Or do you have any advice?

Thank you for your time in advance!

Sorry for my bad English. I hope you still get what my problem is :confused:

Cheers,

We need some more information about your mesh -> how many tris?, which fbx version do you use?, what happens when you try to import it as an obj?,…
Also make sure to post your crash log -> documents/unrealproject/yourproject/saved/logs/the file which gets generated after the crash
What happens when you just import it + let the PC work? -> it could be that the file is just so big that it takes a while to import it :slight_smile:

Alright, I will collect that data and give it to you later. But thank you for you help :slight_smile: