ChunkDownloader chunk file size limit? Crashes when downloading chunks larger than 2GB

Hi everyone!

I’m experimenting with the sample project from this video: ChunkDownloader Explained | Inside Unreal - YouTube . I changed to a larger map, added more to the chunk files and once i did that the sample started crashing when downloading chunks files larger than 2GB.

One of the chunks is the map chunk with a file size of 4GB and the sample will always crash when it reaches the 2GB point (2048 MB)

Is there a limit to the chunk file size or is there another problem going on with this sample ?

Did anyone have this issue or know anything about it ?

Thanks in advance!

P

i am having the same issue. In my research, I have found that the issue may be caused by the int32 for BytesDownloaded and TotalBytesToDownload. This corresponds to a maximum of 2 147 483 647 bytes (maximum positive value for int32), which are roughly 2 gigabytes. Unfortunatly, this might be going as deep as the http-module. So, we did not found an easy way to avoid/fix it.

If somebody has a solution for it, this would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, if it’s still relevant, you can check out the following open-source plugin that supports downloading files via HTTP with sizes larger than 2 GB by using the Range header internally: GitHub - gtreshchev/RuntimeFilesDownloader: Runtime Files Downloader plugin for Unreal Engine. Downloading files over HTTP / HTTPS at runtime.