Child Function Not called

I don’t have any problems with debugging in BPs, even with inheritance.

Try putting Print String statements into your functions to track whether or not they’re being called if you don’t want to use debugging.

I’m getting the class to spawn from a variable of the type of the abstract class. The value of the variable is not of that abstract class but it is the function of that abstract class which is called.

Yah, I’ve had no problems debugging through abstract classes and their children.

Once the Actor is spawned, press ~ to remove focus of the game from the window, open the class you want to debug, and at the top is a dropdown of all actors of that type. Select the actor that just spawned. And place a breakpoint where you want to see if something is happening, by clicking the node and pressing F9.

Hi,

So I created a series of child classes and have a method which is overridden by all the childs.
However, the child functions are not called (as their supposed effects never appear), only the original in the parent.

I saw that debugging in blueprints could have problems so I’m not relaying only in what it shows me.

Is this a known issue?