I’ve been having an issue with Child blueprints not saving and changing odd parms on me, and was wondering if this was an issue with the Unreal Editor, or if others had come across this?
I am working on an FPS for fun / myself for a while now and have been using the Generic Shooter blueprint from the marketplace. Recently I’ve begun work of putting all the pieces I made over the last couple years into a functional game. So my goal is to make as much of the game in child blueprints as I can so I do-not miss out on generic shooter code updates or I only have minimal fixes to my own code after there are updates.
I started with making a Child Player Character blueprint and everything is fine as long as I do-not close the Unreal Editor. As soon as I do some parms revert back to defaults or values they were never set to. Regardles of how many times I save or recompile the child BP.
For example in my child blueprint I have the mesh transform set to -94 Z location and -90 z rotation, and the animation blueprint set my my animation blueprint. The only thing different in the child from the parent in these parms is the animation blueprint. But after I close the blueprint it sets the child zLocation adn rotation both to 0.
After reopening the editor Location, Rotation, and Anim Blueprint settings are lost. I kind of understand / can see how the the Anim Blueprint could be getting lost, but Location and Rotation are not changed at all from the Parent.
What then gets stranger is it does this to the 1P mesh as well, except on the 1P mesh it retains the Location and Animation Blueprint fine, but resets the rotation to 0.
I’ve noticed more issues like this with some of my other child blueprints as well lately, and its getting difficult to keep track of and have to reset values every time I close and open the editor. Its odd because I cannot find a pattern as to why these values reset and not others. Its the same with some of my other blueprints as well. I’ve also tried resetting the parent blueprint values to see if it would cascade down and no such luck. The values still reset.
The other concern is no matter what all these values seem to get lost when I compile my project as a stand alone game.
Anyhow if anyone has experienced something similar or knows of a work around please let me know. In the mean time if I come across a resolution I will post here in case others experience the same.