Checkbox is not working

I added a checkbox but it doesn’t work, I’m clicking this but it doesn’t change the state.
Watched several guides and can’t understand what is going wrong with such simple stuff. Is it buggy?

Are you sure nothing is blocking the checkbox?
Does it react to hovering?

Yes, I checked hovering - it’s working
And when I’m clicking the checkbox - it shows me interaction

Would you mind sharing your CheckBox Style?

Because I can achieve the same results as in the video when copying the unchecked image to all checked images.

Just to get that possibility out of the way (the one described above).

Thanks!

1 Like

If you didn’t touch the checkbox style… Do you have an OnStateChanged Event, where you set the State back to false?

1 Like

No, it is not the case, I didn’t change anything inside the checkbox. The default checkbox doesn’t work.

I tried with OnStateChanged Event and without, there is no difference.
But if I used boolean here - I can change the checkbox state from other functionality

Okay, that’s weird, can you still (just in case) send a Screenshot of your style?

And maybe of the Hierarchy of the Designer? (If you don’t mind).

Thanks

Sure

Like you told @Tuerer above (hope that’s fine that I mention you :smiley: ) there is nothing over the CheckBox :thinking:
The ButtonTest is also not chilling near that CheckBox I guess?

You probably already deleted the CheckBox and put a new one there ^^

What happens when you try to use the OnCheckBoxStateChanged Event?
Is there nothing happening?

Thanks!

Yes, the checkbox is not a child of the ButtonTest.
Yeah, I remade this several times, can’t find the reason why it doesn’t change the state by clicking

When I tried the OnCheckBoxStateChanged Event - nothing happened. The same result
I tried to copy this short guide and made the same, but for some reason, it doesn’t work in my case.
As I understood the checkbox by default must change the state - am I right?

So, this event doesn’t print

It should change it’s state by default yes, even when the “OnCheckBoxStateChangedEvent” is not used or anything else.
Normally you could just throw it into an Widget and you should be able to activate / deactivate it.

I’ve just recreated the screenshot that you gave here and it works perfectly fine on my site.
Can you create a new Widget just temporary to test out if the Check Box is working there?

Thanks!

Sure, made a new widget and the same result :grin:

image (8)

Okay give me a second, will replicate it in a project quickly…

That is so weird, I don’t even understand how a Check Box can produce so much problems ^^

So I’ve replicated your screenshot into a project and it is working completely fine (Even without ShowMouseCursor and SetInputModeUIOnly).
I can check / uncheck it without any problems.

In your video it even gave a color change when clicking, which makes this even weirder, because that means there is nothing in the way?

You also use the newest version of Unreal Engine 5 (through the EpicGamesLauncher) right?

That’s really weird
I set the yellow color for hovering and connected with a boolean that is connected with the button.
Fan part that when I’m changing the checkbox state, the OnCheckBoxStateChangedEvent doesn’t print anything

That is very weird.

So you can’t change it’s state through clicking directly on it, but doing it via another button it works?

Does “OnCheckBoxStateChangedEvent” fire when you change it’s state via the other button?

Yes, exactly
No, OnCheckBoxStateChangedEvent doesn’t fire in this case

Maybe some mouse settings can affect this?