Check if something happend while Input is pressed and change accordingly

Hey there,
I’m currently working on a 3rd person game. You can dash if you pick up a booster item. You can hold a maximum of 5 booster items which means you can dash a maximum of 5 times. If you dash, you loose one booster item.
The power of the dash is set by a base power and a multiplier. You can charge your multiplier by holding down left mouse button. The maximum multiplier is set by the currently available booster items. So if you have 3 booster icons you can charge your multiplier to be a max of 3.

Now here’s my problem: It basically works. I pickup 3 booster items, I can charge to a 3x multiplier. But if hold down my mouse button constantly and THEN pick up a new booster item, it isn’t taken into account. I have to first release the mouse button and hold it again for it to work.

tl;dr: How can I check if I picked up a booster item and change the multiplier accordingly?

I thought with a boolean that returns true when I pickup a item and resets after the loop has stopped.
I’m attaching a screenshot with my blueprint where I tried to implement that but it didn’t work out as intended.
I hope it’s kinda understandable?