Chasing AI character only changes speed once it has reached player character

SOLVED

I’ve built an AI character that moves to random reachable points in radius, it chases the player using a behaviour tree and AI controller with sight sense.

Within the behaviour tree I’ve added two speed tasks, one for the random location sequence and one for the ‘chase’ sequence. The AI character successfully has a normal speed and will revert back to this when it loses sight of the player.

However, the speed will only increase once the AI character has reached the player (it slowly moves towards player and once it reaches the player it will then follow at the increased speed). I’d like the speed to increase at the same time the AI character starts to chase.

I thought maybe a decorator on the “Increase Speed” task would fix the issue but that wasn’t successful.

Thanks, I’m new to all of this so any help appreciated.

Behaviour Tree

Character Blueprint
Character blueprint

Increase Speed Task

Move Random Location Task

I’ve fixed this issue, it was actually quite simple.

The Behaviour Tree steps needed changing in order (the Increase Speed step should be step 6 and the Move to should be step 7).

The reason being that the Move To step needed to complete before the change of speed would occur, resulting in the AI Character only changing speed when it had reached the player.