Character physics interaction

So due to the character moment using kinematics, physics interactions don’t work correctly at all. I have a cube with 500000 kg mass and my player seems to push it with ease. Mass seems to only come into effect when adding an impulse to self or two actors interacting with each other. I can played around with the character movement physics interaction setting and nothing. I’ve set my player kg to 1 and nothing. I’ve heard people say using damping but unfortunately this is not a solution for my scenario.

I’ve been stuck on this for a very long time and cant think of any solutions. Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hey Huseyin12343,

To help you a little better, what effect are you looking for exactly?

If you want to just have an object be a bit harder to move around when you run into it, try making a physical material and applying it to the object. You can create custom Densities, Frictions and change the exponent for mass. Also, make sure to check the objects around it, like the floor or any other object you might have hit it. Experiment with different Linear and Angular damping levels with the physical materials applied to everything. Let me know if this helps at all, if not, feel free to send your scenario. Just in case you are not familiar with making a physical material, here’s an image for reference.

Hi not too familiar with physical materiel but i’m not sure if it’ll work for me. I currently have a spaceship the the player will be able to enter and exit. The ship is driven by impulse as it is a physics based pawn. I problem i was having when entering and moving around in the ship it world go crazy as the player has a force beyond this would for some reason.

I found a solution but not too sure if it will cause problems further down the line. I have changed my player so it is now physics base. I am able to move the player by adding impulse. So now that the player capsule is physics based and moved by impulse it take kg into account and can’t push heavy objects.

a simple solution would be to not have physical based collision on something as a building or a ship, simple solution is simply remove physics, don’t simulate and the end, make it a world static or something, when simulate when entering the ship, you can’t actually have a fully interactible world without the same for the player also.