Character not spawning

Hi guys, do you know how to solve the problem where character is spawning at some random location on the map and falling through floor ? Yet there is player start in the game and game mode is set ? Please help

Are you spawning the character or is the default.

If you’re spawning it, the player start is irrelevant. You have to put it in the right place.

Also, if it won’t spawn where you want, there’s probably a collision problem. Take a look at the level in player collision mode to find out.

1 Like

Everything was working yesterday, now on every map my character is spawning under floor, while player start has no bad size and it is in the right place, im bangning my head for 8 hours

If the player is under the map, it means ‘no actual player’. Have you been fiddling with the game mode perhaps?

Hi, I found the problem, thank your so much for trying to help me :slight_smile:

I was following this tutorial Teleporting Player To Checkpoint On Level Load - #69 Unreal Engine 4 Beginner Tutorial Series - YouTube about checkpoint, and it’s working on 1 map, but also has major problem, if you have more levels, when you open another level the character is falling through floor, he is spawning below the map yet there is player start and game mode is set, i was trying to solve this problem and i figure it out that teleport node is the problem here, when i delete teleport node then everything is fine.

maybe in level blueprint i need to add delete game from slot at the begin play ? but is that the right solutions, i did set up autosave

1 Like