Character not changing directions thus walking/running in wrong direction-UE4

Hi there, I’m having the trouble of understanding what’s going on here. My Blueprint to this character controls is a carbon copy of the event graph of 3rd person template except i had to remake two variables for the base turn and look rate. I’ve tried the orient rotation to movement and controller yaw enable disabled them and matched the templates settings but i cannot figure this out for a couple days. My goal is have it face the direction of the camera. Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Hey @LordHyle!

Would you mind sharing your blueprints so we can see how you set up your turning? If we can see your blueprint we can more likely find a solution for what is going wrong!

Any other specifics you provide may go a long way in solving your problem!

Okies, it might be handy to see the blueprint for the character xD. I’ve deleted the thirdperson template’s copy and setup a basic input from a youtube guide, and still the same issue.

Hey @LordHyle,

So far duplicating your blueprints still yields the desired the results. Can you share your BP_LordHyle_Pawn(self) details panel? You still have just use controller rotation Yaw enabled correct? And the parent class for this blueprint is the third person character right?

I still have the use controller rotation Yaw enabled. Might’ve been helpful to mention this is a from scratch third person blueprint setup :melting_face:

Hey @LordHyle,

Even building a character from scratch I don’t seem to be getting the error you are. Is this happening only with this character? Or was it happening with the third person example as well?

1 Like

I don’t know how I broke it but i restart a fresh file with starter content and everything with the third person map template…I think it was the migration file to and from a blank setup broke something :melting_face: thus i remade the character and fixed the nodes and it is working again /shug

Thank you for helping out :beers:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.