I released my game Emberheart in Steam Early Access yesterday. I’ve had reports from players that movement is laggy. And after focussing on it I see it as well. The world around the character seems to lag and the characters movement jumps sometimes.
The game runs at 60 fps in most maps (still working on optimizing this). So it’s strange that I experience laggy movement.
I thought it had to do with default UE4 motion blur settings. But I tried disabling motion blur all together with no noticeable change. Only when I bump up the motion blur value to 1 instead of the default 0.5 I notice that the motion blur gets more powerful and thus worse.
Am I doing something wrong with disabling motion blur? What could possibly cause jittery movement?
Watch my trailer to see exactly what I mean by laggy movement.
- changing or adding post process volume and enabling motion blur value and set it to 0.
- Add a post process component to player character class and also enable motion blur value and set it to 0.
- Disable motion blur in project settings
- Disable motion blur in camera.
- tried all 4 options at the same time.
- tried disabling the Smooth framerate option in project settings
- Tried setting smooth framerate enabled and set its range to between 0 and 200.
- tried the range with smooth framerate disabled
- tried minimum desirable framerate on 30 and on 60
It’s a topdown project. So I checked my movement code, and it doesnt use delta time, so smoothing framerate by using delta time is also not the problem.
What else can I try?
Thanks in advance!