Character movement getting reset to defaults

This has happened to me twice since 4.9.
While editing the character blueprint. (and not anything to do with character movement)
I’ll try playing in editor and my character won’t move. Then I get a bunch of “accessed none” errors from the animation blueprints.

Close and restart, and the character moves again, but all the movement settings are reset to default. Such as walk speed, jump height, etc…

I am not entirely sure what is triggering this. Wish I had been recording or streaming when it happened!

Hi ,

Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project? Does it occur with a specific character or animation set? What changes are you making to the character blueprint?

Because its only happened twice in a month… I haven’t been able find the steps to reproduce it in a blank project or in my own project. (I know that doesn’t help you much… sorry!)

I am using the default character and animations that come with the first person template.

The most recent time this happened. I was adding some Boolean variables and branches from a LineTraceForObjects node. Then I compiled and went into PIE to test and that is when the character movement stopped

Attached is the part of the character blueprint I was working on.

Everything worked fine after saving and restarting (though all character movement was reset to default and I had to go in and change everything back to the way I need it.)

Also, in case you need it. [Here is my dxdiag][1]

Can you send me the asset? I’ll be happy to take a look and see what may be occurring.

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.

Hello, Sorry for the delay in responding. You can download the character blueprint asset here

Please let me know if anything looks wrong.

Thanks!

Hi ,

This file comes in as a .COPY instead of a .uasset. Unfortunately I am not able to convert this on my end. Can you send me the .uasset file?

Not sure why it saved as copy when I exported it. I have redone it and it is a .uuasset file now. The link is here.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to open this asset I am getting a crash. Can you send me the entire project so I can test this specific error? I will continue attempting to reproduce the crash so it can be properly reported.

EDIT: I have entered a report for the blueprint crashing, UE-21849. Once I have the project I’ll be able to continue attempting to reproduce this error on my end.

Is there a way I can send you the project privately?

Yes, if you send me a private message with a link to your project I will happily pull it down so I can take a look.