Character mesh not rotating with pawn when stationary

Hi All

I have two characters that were set up the same way, as far as I can tell. Both have cameras that are attached to sockets on the mesh. One of the characters behaves correctly in that the mesh rotates with the view, on the horizontal axis, so that its always behind the camera. The other mesh rotates when moving, but when stationary, rotating the camera with the mouse results in seeing the character’s face- the camera rotates on the socket whilst the mesh remains stationary.

I’ve looked at the BP settings side by side but can’t spot any difference. Would this be to do with mesh settings, camera settings, or character movement? Or none of the above?

Thanks!

I’m sure you already have checked, but have you ensured the proper/similar settings for both “Orient Rotation To Movement” and “Use Controller Rotation Yaw”?

can you provide some screenshots. I might be able to answer that

“Both Orient Rotation To Movement” and “Use Controller Rotation Yaw” are checked. kishoreven what would you like to see screen shots of?

If you read the tool tips on those you’ll realize that they both shouldn’t be checked at the same time. I’m not in front of my cpu but I believe that if Orient To Rotation is checked, the Use Controller Rotation Yaw should not be checked. Could be other way around but I believe I got it right. Just read the tool tips.

Nice one jtsmith, I unchecked both and, counterintuitively, it now behaves like I want it, with the body rotating with the mouse

if you turn your comment in to an answer I’ll accept it…

Make sure that you properly set your “Orient Rotation to Movement” in character movement to True and your “Use Control Rotation Yaw” to false. Using control rotation yaw at the same time as orient rotation will cause undesirable effects with regards to camera movements. Glad this helps you and anyone else in the future.

1 Like