Character floating a few meters up in air during animations?

Hey guys,

I have a bit of an issue.

I recently got a character rigged to the default mannequin rig, and in 3ds max it seems to be perfect, the hierarchy hasnt been changed and the shape and location of the skeleton looks default.

When I import my skinned character into UE4, and place the skeletal mesh into the world, his feet are on the ground. As in, hes at the correct origin. However if I use any animation (that works with the default mannequin) he suddenly jumps into the air and plays the animations a few meters above the ground. I have absolutely no idea what this is, ive checked the skeleton and it seems fine, and ive tried playing with import settings/scale to see if I can figure out what it is, but ive really got no idea at all. Ive uploaded the images of the issue to imgur for those to see exactly what I mean!

Id be massively appreciative if someone knows, or can offer a few things I can try to fix this.

Thank you very much in advance!

Assuming you are using your Skeleton for all 4 character, it’s obvious the problem is your Mesh.

Have you tried using your Mesh on the original Unreal Skeleton and see what it does?

If the outcome is the same it means that your Mesh is not Retarget properly to both Skeletons.

If instead the Animtion works, that means that’s your new Skeleton which is not rigged or retargeted properly, but I doubt that’s the case, since the Unreal mesh seems to work correctly.

It could help if you could show us the Skeleton Trees of both your Skelly and the Unreal one.