Character disappears when I select additive

Today’s question.
Around at 7:00 in this tutorial, when I added additive, my character disappeared.
How do I fix it?

Hey there,
How are you doing?
Check if you character is still in your scene in a different location, go to outliner and check.

2 Likes

What about the root? Perhaps is not disappearing, is in Benidorm because the animation

2 Likes

Hey @jin8864y to piggyback on LFA and Alberto’s posts, it is most likely that the character shifted possibly drastically. I’d slide over to the editor, select the character, then hit F in window to pull the screen straight to it. It should show you where he went and you can work from that.

3 Likes

Hi, LFA.
So far so good. How are you today? I’m not sure what location you are talking about. Here is the clip about the issue.

Hi, alberto.
What about root? Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Hi, SupportiveEntry.
I tried it and his location looks fine. Here is the clip for it.

Hi, let’s understand what happened, you want to check if the actor was scaled down, hidden or moved to a different position in your level. Go to the Outliner and select the actor SK_SCK_B3 again, and press F to focus on him. Your target character needs to be selected in your outliner panel.

1 Like

I did it. As I replied to SupportiveEntry, F works fine. Please check the clip above.

Great, did you fix the issue while applying additive?

Nope. As you can see, nothing has been fixed.

it seems UE5 lost quite a few animation controls from UE4. (just getting into UE5 now but many functions such as additive control rig seem either missing or non-functioning.)
Pretty frustrating.

1 Like

Totally agree. That’s what I’ve been thinking. So, I gave up to follow this tutorial with UE5. The animation part has changed a lot without proper tutorials.
I installed UE4, and I’m trying to follow the tutorial from the scratch. The thing is that you still won’t have no idea how to do it in UE5 unless Epic Games update the tutorials. I’ve been wasting a month just for this. It’s really frustrating.

Yikes, I see what you mean, the FK handles changed over fine but when trying to make it additive everything broke, so the deformation seems to be something else. I’m slightly out of my depth on this one. I’ll do a bit more research, not sure if this is just a bug introduced in 5 or not. Let me know if you do end up running it in 4 and if it works out we’ll just submit the bug report.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll give you feedback after giving a shot.

Hi, I just tested over it with UE4 and every thing is fine so far. There was no problem to follow/run it. Thus, it’s definitely an UE5 issue.
I think I’ll stay with UE4 until UE5 tutorials are posted properly.

1 Like

Thanks! I can’t really locate it on issue tracker, so I’m guessing it’s not all the time and something has to be triggering it. Going to try to reproduce it myself and if I can I’ll write up the bug report.

3 Likes

hi i found the solution just add a separate additive control rig and then delete the upper additive control rig, surprisingly it works

3 Likes

it works ~~~

i made the clip ~~~

1 Like

Thank you so much ~~~
it works ~~~ :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes