Character Creators and clothing/armor items

Hi guys, I need to know how this is done, for example we use the Bless Unleashed character creator, its done using UE4.

Now You can change the characters height, body shape, thin ,fat, muscular and a lot of other things. Lets say you do this using morph targets/shape keys. But how do you get what ever the million of combinations you can do to fit with all the armor and clothing, all the wearables in the game, I don’t think they can put every possible combination as a morph target into the clothing right How to accomplish this ? I’m making a character creator in my game,
I have 3 body types very simple normal, fat, thin.
So for every clothing/armor item I add thin/fat morph targets, its tedious work but I don’t know any other method, also apex clothing simulation don’t work with morph targets so that’s an issues also. Does Anyone know a better workflow for this ?

You can distort visual things with materials as well.

That said. Morph and cloth work “just fine” as in where theres a morph theres got to be no cloth paint anyway

Generally you can transfer morphs - or more like groups of vertex used by the morph - by adjavency in almost every DCC.

So with a moderate amount of man hours you can apply the base morphs and the distrortion they bring onto just about everything.

Also, do check. Maybe chaos is finally working properly with cloth and morphs - I doubt it, as in so far chaos hasnt worked properly at all, but its worth a check.

The oldschool way is using a global texture with scalar parameters to displace the vertex of various objects all in a similar manner - doing this does work with cloth, and may be easier to set up.
You just need to make a global UV map that covers the whole body and correcly unwrap every mesh to fall within that UV map so that the distortion is globbaly applied…

Thank you for the reply.

ue has released chaos cloth in 5.3 version. Does chaos cloth solve your problem?