Character creation,animation for character, creating clothes for it , and nvidia apex it!

Good, as i said if you have to do that depends on your project

yeah, i have a nice workflow where I dont even need zbrush. It’s a little more complicated, since I have to tri to quad things and clean up some stuff but it’s still good. I also make use of the remesh modifier. Once I figure out my base models I think I’ll be able to easily make things for my comic, just like I did for Second life. :slight_smile:

Edit:
Well, as an aside I managed to get autodesk 3dmax. I forgot about an old account I had there and decided to see if I could get it for educational reasons only, and got it, so now I have to learn 3d max on top of UR4, which doesnt bother me. It should be pretty straight forward after Blender, once I get used to the interface. Apex has a plugin for it and it will be more compatable than Blender with UR4, espcially the morphs and shapekeys. I’ll have 3 years to play with it and maybe I’ll get enough fans so they can help me buy the full software :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not in this for money, don’t get me wrong, I’m into this because I honestly enjoy making webcomics and I miss making insanity of xade, which I must move over to the new location because I think I am going to let the domain expire this year in case I want to park another domain on my hosting.

Anyhow, Thanks for the wonderful videos and I cannot wait to see the final one. Please dont make us wait for XX number of subscribers. The more videos you make the more subscribers you get. Advertising will also help you get subscribers, along with sharing images/videos/demos of your work.

I know one thing, im not a fan of their character creator. you take two characters and blend them. What if I want to fine tune everything for my style? it’s rather silly, really.

I do not have time these days (if you remember i upload the first and second video in a row so is not for subscribers)
you mean fuse? You can 'change really all.(if you want to give him a horn on its head you can do it in fuse)
is free and you can use this character for commercial use without things to pay
personally I find it very useful and very easy to use

Im sorry I meant autodesk’s 3d character creation, about the only thing I found truly useful was their lab coats and some other clothing.

Fuse is pretty easy, I love how it allows for customization but it doesnt seem to have that many anime characters. I want a realistic anime style, so I’m waiting on http://www.manuelbastioni.com/ to get done with his version but in the mean time I’m learning on his shojo characters.

part3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRDc3dl2Le8
part4 online in the next hour

Excellent work, I cant wait to watch them. Will you do level design next? or know of any good tutorials at least?

thank you ,
i don’t know what i’m gonna do next
stay tuned!

Hi 8shadow8,

Thanks for the tutorial series - really helpful stuff :slight_smile: A few questions:

-Is it possible to export the “base human model” from Fuse that contains ALL the possible morph targets as a .OBJ? Basically, inside Fuse you are able to change the base mesh in many different ways (change anything from head size, to stomach, legs, chest, etc). Is it possible to just export that base mesh? Otherwise, if I want to make a character creator inside UE4, I will have to export a few dozen versions of the character (different stomach sizes, head sizes, eye shapes, etc) and use your method inside Maya to create the blendshapes. It can be done, ofc, just wondering if there is another way.

-How did you change skin color in your final example? Was it changing a vector parameter on the skin material or did you import several versions of skin??

Suggestions for the next tutorial series:

-Can you show us how to rig the Fuse character inside Maya? Basically export the .OBJ model and use Maya’s human rig or Epic’s ART to rig the character
-Can you show us how to create a custom animation for our character inside Maya once its rigged?
-Can you import a Fuse character with a Mixamo animation into Maya and modify it?

Here’s the idea - Right now all of Mixamo’s animations are free to download and you can auto-rig characters for free. But soon Adobe will start charging for this service, so I want to know how to do the rigging and animations myself when the time comes

Please consider my suggestions above for the next tutorial.

Thanks a lot for your help!

-J

I have not found a way to be able to export all morph targets at once! (DAZ3D lets you definitely do that but there are problems to use their models in games)
fuse will be charged, but I think it will not be expensive
they have to solve many problems before. I think they will take a little longer.
but you never know!
It is not difficult to make rig in Maya there are a lot of tutorials out there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA8X_KrmEhI
animations too there are also several tutorials.
I’am not good at doing these things,:frowning: but it is definitely much more slower process than fuse.
anyway I’m glad you found it useful
(I changed the color of the skin in the same way of the clothes)

I’ll see what I can use from these tut’s, was hoping Mixamo would not appear in the tut list though

If you don’t like mixamo you can try using other as daz3d or poser …
This tutorial want to show you how unreal work with this things. (This was the fastest way to show you )

Sorry, coming off a bit stingy haha I feel like an elitist because I stopped using Miximo about a month ago ('tis why I was hoping for some UE4 specific modeling and animation using the Autodesk products or other 3rd party programs)

Id love to see an autodesk tutorial myself :slight_smile:

Can you give a bit of information about Manuel Bastioni ,what’s?(it seems to be my connational by the way )

Sure, it’s a blender plugin that creates human characters. You can adjust almost everything about them then finalize and continue your work from there, similar to make human. (http://makehuman.org) I plan on waiting until the next version of MB comes out then transferring all the data over to the new character style as seen hereand here before really diving deep into the customization.

I still need to write a number of episodes as a guideline and create the script itself before I really get down and dirty with UR4. Once MB releases then next version then I can start making the clothes, rig the models and the attachments. Until then it’s learn, learn, learn. I plan on using just two base forms with morphs for the whole cast of characters. (Like Daz 3d in a way.) I know UR4 can do everything that I want it to do. Since it’s a game maker, it can do what I want it to do once I learn how to do it. Once the characters, animations, levels and stuff are done then the actual output of the story should be easy to make and I could even work on other stories once I’m done with this one.

I got the Shogun girlall set for inserting into UR4, I just need to find the time to do it. If I can get the shogun tester in UR4 with the default mannequin I can play with the default animations to block out the levels/scenes until I make custom animations and levels for my characters to take snapshots for my comic, and eventually release free promotional levels where the player can take control of a character and explore the environment. I might even make an actual game one day with the characters so this will be a great exercise.

Might I suggest a brief followup tutorial on alpha masking for clothing and attaching parts like wings, tails and hats, ect. I really like your video making style. Thanks

Thank you !