Character creation,animation for character, creating clothes for it , and nvidia apex it!

Looking forward to it :smiley:

I am definitely interested!

Looking forward to it also :slight_smile:

Please forgive me for my bad english !
Subscribe for second part :slight_smile:
Part1:Unreal Tutorial - Character and Animation from scratch pt.1/4 - YouTube

Subscribe for 3th part
Part2:Unreal Tutorial - Character and Animation from scratch pt.2/4 - YouTube

Subscribe for 3th part
Part2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGOK4ehTaNw

I’ll happily subscribe! mind if I download it so I can view it offline, in particular my tablet? Also, I started downloading because some of the wonderful tutorial bookmarks that I once had got taken down. It can get very annoying so I found a way to download them for my own, personal use. I don’t HAVE to ask but it always amkes me feel better to ask the creator.

hey ! no problem !:smiley:

so far the video is awesome but for the maya section. There is no way a hobbyist like myself can ever afford 185 a month. To me that’s like paying for one golden brick every month in the hopes that I can sell them for five times their price next year. Not worth it when there is Blender. However, I might be able to glean enough from the maya section to transfer over to Blender.

I’m sorry for maya, maybe you will not have any problems doing the same thing on blender!:smiley:
however, I also want to get interested in blender
to see how it works!

look : Blender>Apex Clothing Tool>UE4? - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

Yes 8shadow I did find that and am trying it out to get my characters to UR4. I don’t care if I need to do custom animations. I just hope I can get all the shapekeys to work with it. I don’t care if I have to import all the morphs and combine them in UR4 itself. I want the expressions in.

Blender is super nice once you wrap your mind around it. Check out blender cookie in my sig for videos.

Good luck! let me know!
thanks for the links

Thanks for taking the time to make the tutorials Andrew! I subscribed to your channel and will keep an eye on this thread for the next ones.

I think Apex is great for the main character, but probably not for NPCs (for performance reasons).

Is there anyway you can also show us how to import more than one set of clothes for the same character?

If you know how to import characters with morph Targets on their bodies I would love to see that as well.

Basically what I’m thinking is, if we can import one base model with morph targets and several different clothes, then we can programatically change morph targets at runtime to create many different NPCs. Or we could use that base model to make a character creator which would also be amazing.

Anyway thank you for your tutorials, and I hope you consider my suggestions for the future ones :slight_smile:

thank you Coqui !

actually everything you have said you will find it in the last video tutorial !
(just a little patience these days will be published) :smiley:

about apex:
for what is my experience, Apex works very well (some apply it to the hair) did not seem to be heavy in performance, as far as I’m concerned (even duplicating a dress several times) I see no difference on fps
you’ve tried?(more 'than anything else be careful how many polygons has the mesh!)

will you be covering ragdolling things like long hair and tails? My comic calls for the main character’s tails to be ragdolled at first then animated normally. She gets transformed and can’t use them at first. :stuck_out_tongue:

unfortunately I will not deal ragdoll
simply I explain what you can do with that things explained recently (as character customization)

Hi, thanks for this tutorials. One question, the cloth made in MD seems very high poly right? Is the cloth exported from MD game ready?
I thought that a retopo is needed after exporting.

it all depends very much on the project you’re working on!
if you need retopo, you must do it before, not after MD (if you can) because if you do it after reducing the number of polygons, the dress changes shape (from personal experience, maybe there is some system that does not change the form) and it does not fit very well then.

todo depende en gran medida del proyecto que estĂĄ trabajando!
si necesita retopo, debe hacerlo antes, no despuĂ©s de MD (si es posible), ya que si lo haces despuĂ©s de reducir el nĂșmero de polĂ­gonos, la forma cambia de vestir (por experiencia personal, tal vez hay algĂșn sistema que no cambia el forma) y no se ajusta muy bien a continuaciĂłn.

espero que sea correcta:D

I’ve used MD with second life and often halved the geometry before export. There was a little manual adjusting here and there but it still animated pretty well. I often used nearly the same uv map as the pattern but adjusted it for the best fit.

I learned by doing in MD so I’ll enjoy seeing a different technique in MD.

Some info about MD -> unreal engine

a list of videos:

Using QRemesher from ZBrush