Character blueprint constant crash

Hi

I don’t know why but my character class blueprint crashes the UE all the time after I press compile… and I can’t find out why… At first it crashed after I tried adding camera on string … but now it crashes after all kind of stuff… And it seems that I can’t find out why… I can’t understand my log, but final htings that it logged were these:
///
[2014.05.06-16.23.21:729] 0]LogSlate:Warning: GetFontFace failed to load or process ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Black.ttf’
[2014.05.06-16.23.22:039] 0]CrashReportClientLog: =========================> OnProcessRequestComplete(), State=PingingServer
[2014.05.06-16.23.22:039] 0]CrashReportClientLog: State change from PingingServer to Ready
[2014.05.06-16.23.22:039] 0]LogSlate:Warning: GetFontFace failed to load or process ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Black.ttf’
///

Best of that I could think off was maybe I can’t use multy level blueprints… like blueprint in a blueprint in a blueprint… :confused: but It kind off kills off the purpose of blueprint then… IMO The blueprint graph that I made is very simple: turn left move left/right and front/back controls… not even mouse controls are added… I don’t use no character animation a simple box sliding on surface…

Please help I can’t see what am I missing :confused:

Can you post your blueprint(s) here please? It would help determining what you are actually doing and what the problem could be :slight_smile:

Like I wrote nothing special… a very small/default stuff:

and the crashes accur not even when I connect some nodes…
sometimes it crashes after I change speed of movement of character and press compile…

I don’t get it maybe I should have uninstall 4.02 instead of upditing it to 4.1 directly? :confused:

Hmm, well that script should definitely not be a problem… Concerning the versions: you dont have to uninstall 4.0.2 as the versions should go side by side (I also have both installed and it works fine). If you work in 4.1 and have created your project in 4.0.2, you should update the project to 4.1 - have you done that?

Do you get any error with the crash, perhaps in the eventlog of your OS? On which OS are you?

Hi ,

Please post this to the answerhub at http://answers.unrealengine.com for further assistance. For the answerhub, please include your crash logs and your dxdiag. Thank you and have a great day!