My name is Chris and I’m the Project Lead at Archetype Studios. We are looking to expand our art team by adding a Character Artist who wants to join to gain experience, add fodder to their portfolio, and work with passionate indie game developers. Compensation varies and is negotiable depending on capability, activity, and long-term interest. All active and dedicated members of the team will share in the financial success of the project upon release. If you are interested, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, message me on the Polycount forums, or post your contact information here and we’ll reach out to you as soon as we can.
- Be active and provide a base level of commitment each week (exact hours and timing flexible)
- Produce content on a schedule
- Good communication with teammates regarding deadlines and expectations - we have team members from around the world working on this and collaborate virtually so this is crucial
- Handle critique well and work through difficult problems
- Strong handle on ZBrush
- Experience with creating high poly characters for videogames
- Good knowledge of anatomy
- Ability to match a specific stylized look based on concept art
Nice to Have
- Experience with high-to low poly workflows
- Some knowledge of UE4
- Texturing skills
- A love for FPS-Z and Tribes-like games
About Archetype Studios
Archetype Studios was formed by the core members of the community-led development team for Legions: Overdrive, but has since grown and now has members from around the globe, including the United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Latvia and the UK.
Midair is our currently unreleased FPS-Z genre PC game. Tribes and Legions players will feel at home since Midair emphasizes freedom of movement and a focus on competitive and casual team play. We announced the game in the Summer of 2014. To see the game in action, check out our teaser and a community member’s recorded gameplay video from a public playtest during PAX Prime 2015 below. You can also check out our Media, Facebook and Twitter pages.