Chaos Vehicles - Learning materials

Hello!

Today I started my journey with Chaos system for Vehicles and simply put - I got overwhelmed by number of properties in Vehicle Movement Component. Are there any sources where can i look what are those properties are and how do they influence vehicle behaviour in order to achieve expected result without going totally blind messing with props randomly?

That’s… unfortunate. I think I would be happy if they just share the project that was used in presentation/tutorial video. However there was only sport car.

Indie doesn’t bring money to them. I guess if some big player decides to use UE, they make contract for some devs from Epic to help them out. We need to keep in mind that Chaos Vehicles are in Beta, so I wouldn’t expect anything more than single working example and constantly outdated docs :joy: UE can crash out of nowhere during work with vehicles. I think we can only be patient and wait that maybe someone who’ll crack it, make some comprehensive guide. By then, we just need to tinker… tinker… sleep… and tinker :smiley:

Ok as it has been stated afaik there are no short-cuts or big red buttons that make a perfect vehicle, for those that have been around a long time you’ll notice that a lot of the varibles have been carried over from physx, and also a alot have been added, the biggist issue i think is that 99% of the ue4/5 users haven’t a clue what the varibles do and what they are used for. Being an ex-vehicle mechanic most of this names do mean something to me but you really need the knowledge of a vehicle engineer/designer to really understand.
For both Engine versions there are ‘Wheeled Vehicle’ templates which give you a decent starting point.

1 Like

So maybe you can help me on what props i need to focus if I want to make something that behaves like armored transport that can drive on almost every terrain?

ok look at the ue4 car game template for ue4

that give you a decent 4wd jeep/suv (this is phsyx not chaos)

for ue5 in the startup or content browser add the Vehicle Pack/Template.
as mentioned there are lots of varibles in the movement component and in the wheel bp.

also keep an eye on the marketplace for free vehicles content.

every vehicle is a custom job so you need to tweak a lot of stuff to get the feel that you want

Thanks, i think that’s all what we can use for reference now :slight_smile: