Chaos Vehicles high memory usage

Hello! I’m very new to Unreal and I’ve started experimenting with the Chaos Vehicles system. Everything went great until I reach a point where UE5 crashes every time I hit play, because the memory usage exceeds 16GB (my ram size). Since I couldn’t find the source of the problem I made a new project, but the same thing happened there after an hour of setting up and tweaking the vehicle. The problem doesn’t go away when reverting the change made before the crashes occurred.

It is worth mentioning that the level is the default emty level and a vehicle pawn and the crashes are linked to the vehicle pawn since it runs fine when it is not in the level.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the high memory usage?

Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Or is it normal for an almost bare bone UE5 project to use more than 16GB of ram?

Thank you in advance!

Very odd, I sometimes have it that all the sudden ue5 starts taking up GBs of RAM. Restarting UE helps resolve it for me.

Are you able to track the settings that might lead up to heavy ram usage? As you mentioned to even use a clean scene, but still it happens after tweaking settings of the vehicle ?

Hi thanks for the reply. I tried restarting the engine but the problem still exists. The only thing that prevents UE5 from crashing is to not spawn the vehicle pawn. I haven’t been able to find the setting that causes the crash, since it has been seemingly random between the different projects. And reverting the change doesn’t fix it either.

I have the vehicles setup similar to the vehicles in the sample project, which is having the parent class of vehicle pawn a BaseVehicle class derived from the WheeledVehiclePawn blueprint. I discovered that when changing the parent class of the vehicle pawn to the WheeledVehiclePawn blueprint the problem disappears, but reappears when changing back.