Chaos Prop Destruction System

Hi everyone, I’m excited to finally release my Chaos-based prop destruction system!

The Chaos Prop Destruction System adds easily integrated prop destruction to your Unreal Engine 5 game. It allows you to leverage Unreal 5’s Geometry Collections and Chaos Physics System in a much more controlled, refined way than what Unreal Engine allows by default.

This pack additionally includes 22 game-ready destructible prop and weapon samples, set up with Niagara Particles and sound effects!

Trailer

You can download the gameplay demo here!

Features

• Physically accurate Prop Destruction via weapon swings, character actions, projectiles and more
  • Simple two step setup for new game-ready props
  • Component based single-step setup for destructor characters
  • Refined, customizable optimization methods for props
  • Various instance editable collision modes for props
  • 22 game-ready destructible prop samples, with particles and destruction sounds
  • 100% blueprint framework, heavily commented and documented
  • Features built with extendable functionality on breaks, collisions, etc.
  • Anim Notify driven character destruction functionality
  • Lumen support for pre-fractured props
  • Nanite compatibility for props (static meshes and Geometry Collections)
  • Custom physics field generator actor without superfluous functionality
  • Physics fields filtered to avoid issues with Chaos Cloth Physics (demo character features cloth physics to test interactions)

Documentation

Support thread: Reply here!

Support Email: evelynschwab.marketplace@gmail.com

2 Likes

hey i am having problems with destroying(deleting from scene) destructed chunks of meshs , basically i couldn’t remove individual chuncks of destructed mesh , is this asset solves this problem ?

Hi, I don’t think this pack specifically solves your issue. Are you trying to remove specific individual chunks, or remove chunks that are under certain conditions e.g. chunks that have been still for some time?

If you’re trying to remove chunks that have been still, there are settings in the geometry collection under “removal” that handle that. If you’re trying to remove specific chunks, I’m afraid there’s not really a way to do that in Blueprint right now since we can’t access references to specific particles in a geometry collection. Hopefully this will change in a newer version of Unreal 5, the ue5-main branch on the Unreal github has a bunch of new nodes for accessing and applying data to geometry collections.

Hey,

I’m trying to add more than one anchor field, the pack comes with your own implementation of these, however I found that it is only possible to attach one anchor per prop, since it takes the ones that are overlapping but just at index 0 so it means that even though it gets an array of overlapped actors it only enables field for one anchor volume.

Any tips or pointers on how to tackle this case ?

1 Like

Hello, how should I approach these proxy actors to be physically interactable BEFORE they spawn their destructed mesh? Is there something in the bluieprints that I’m missing? Thanks!

Would be interested to know if anyone has implemented this into a VR project. So far I’ve gotten the crossbow to work but not able to get the Chaos to work from the sword. Working with a basic UE VR template.