Chaos Fracture Mode 5.3 May Be Broken

I have a game with full scale buildings that are destructible with full interiors since upgrading to 5.3 most of my maps with anything destructible on it will open anymore, none of my original models will fracture at all without completely crashing the editor pretty much anything I do in fracture mode gives me an instant crash all related to nanite basically resources num resident clusters nanite streaming manager if anyone has any suggestions how to fix this that would be great there’s pretty much no information that I can find, remaking the fracture in 5.3 does not work, if it is a bigger building it will always crash, even with nanite turned off.

zox17ChOCvmmUOxK6.png)

Also noticed chaos fracture crashes when used with nanite in 5.3, submitted a bug report. Getting the same error as you from NaniteStreamingManager.cpp (line 1313). It only seems to affect some tools, for example uniform fracture is fine but using noise amplitude makes the editor crash. Also the bone colors don’t show up when using nanite.

UE 5.2 does not have these crashing issues.

1 Like

I am also getting the error from uniform fracture, but only on bigger structures, hopefully it gets resolved soon!

1 Like

Received a response for my bug submission that this should be fixed in the 5.3.1 release :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is fixed in 5.3.1!

Quick update Fracture mode is working in 5.3.1, thank you Epic Games! The only issue I still run into with a similar crash, is when I have a mesh merge form 5.2 or an older version in a fracture, especially with physics doors that are fractured mesh merges, it seems the new mesh merge has a Boolean function that makes more compatible meshes for the fracture mode, but I’m just speculating.