Chaos destruction with Button press

Hi , so I am working on a game and i want to implement the chaos destruction for some walls etc. instead of just destroying the actor. The thing is i want to break the chaos actor when i press a button what is another actor in a trigger box, how can i achieve this , i got so far that all the sounds are playing but i cant find the solution to break the chaos wall, any help?

if you guys want any blueprints i can add them here.

1 Like

You need an impulse to go off in order to have a force break the wall. Try using the add impulse node.

Hey there @SterilCat and @Queso_berry! I’d like to welcome both of you to the community! Queso listed one way to pull of damaging the wall that works, but there’s a way to more shape control, and to that I’d recommend spawning/activating a strain field to break the wall. Here’s some documentation and a video on how to use strain fields!

Fields main documentation:

Bonus documentation:

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

Video tutorial:

1 Like

Tried calling function AddRadialImpulse at the actor location for the GeometryCollection but it does not break. The GeometryCollection is currently only breaking for me when it detects a blocking collision but I cant destruct it on command (like what @SterilCat is trying to do).