Chaos Cloth self-collision disable for nearest neighbors

Hi,

Just made the jump from 4.27 to 5.1, and one thing I’m noticing with the switch from the NV cloth solver to Chaos is that I get some weird issues with self-intersecting cloth; a lot of jitter and exploding.

What I think is happening here is that in the NV Cloth solver, there was a parameter exposed that allowed you to set a minimum threshhold for self-collisions. So that if one cloth point was within a radius of 1 (say) on the base mesh, it would not trigger self-collision. This was helpful when you were doing “branched cloth” (frayed ropes, things like that) because it allowed you to tether a series of cloth strands to a single simulating point, and their tips could collide correctly with each other but the “knot” where they came together would not be a forcibly-overlapped exploding mesh of collision spheres.

I don’t know how different Chaos is on the back-end to the NV cloth solver, but is there a solution here for getting multiple simulated cloth strands attached to a “parent” simulated cloth strand, WITH self-collision on the ends but WITHOUT self-collision at the place they come together?