Chaos Caching + Sleep Fields?

Hi all, hoping there might be a solution for what I’m trying to do. I’m attempting to build a large-scale Chaos destruction system, and since the project needs to run in realtime, the simulation really needs to be cached for performance. The system is pretty complex and relies really heavily on using Sleep/Kill fields to avoid debris falling where it shouldn’t. Playing it uncached works well, but unfortunately, when I cache the simulation and play it back, the cached version completely ignores the Sleep/Kill fields. Does anyone know a way to cache a Chaos system WITH its Sleeping / Kill data?? Or another way of selectively killing particles from a cached system??

What version of unreal are you on?

wait so you are trying to play back a cached sim… and then trying to use sleep / kill fields I suppose to stop sections of it from playing back? It makes sense that the sleep fields work when you are playing it back un-cached. When you capture and cache the sim its going to play back the cache as you captured it. It does not make sense to try and use sleep fields on the cached playback. Those fragments are not live at that point so they will ignore the sleep fields. But you can re-activate them so that they are live again. Then you can use sleep fields on the live fragments.