Changing Struct Deletes Variable of Struct?

Hi! I have a struct in my game for inventory items (that’s a child of another struct) and I recently wanted to expand it by adding another variable to it. However, this led to every variable using that struct (in the entire project) to suddenly disappear and there’s no way of restoring them, even reverting the changes made to the struct. Even a datatable with LOTS of entries just got cleared out.

EDIT: This might be a problem with nested structs because when I create a normal struct and change it, it’s fine but as soon as I try to change it when it’s the child of another struct the engine gets confused.

Now my entire project is screwed. I don’t know what to do. Is this a known bug?

Thanks

Hey there, are you doing the struct in c++? I know there is a bug in 4.18 that clears all of the settings if you update the c++ and hotreload.

If you are able to replicate it on a fresh project i would try to report as a bug.

Hi! No, this is in blueprint scripting. I think it might have something to do with nested structs because when I create a normal struct and change it, it’s fine but as soon as I try to change it when it’s the child of another struct the engine gets confused.