I have something that I have noticed in 4.8 but also had in 4.7 version.
For example when you create a border in UMG, you set a bind to OnMouseDownEvent and it becomes OnMouseButtonDown_0. But if you change the name of that function, the event stops working entirely. This is something I would like to have fixed in the future.
I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean 4.8 project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved?
Okay I made a new 8.1 Project and added a Border with OnMouseButtonDown to test it and it doesn’t work when changing names. I will show with pictures here.
Working on Mac.
Here Is the correct button in Designer tab
I created a new binding and changed the name for it, no more underlines and 0 for the name
And here you can see that the name has been changed in the binding as well
When pressing the green border it works but the other border that has changed it’s name doesn’t work.
If I change back the name of the other border it starts working again but with another name it won’t work.
I’m making a TPS game for mobile so I can’t use a normal button with the joystick interface. It temporarily turns of the joysticks touches when moving and pressing buttons. But with Border it doesn’t turn off the movement when touching and moving at the same time.
In detail description.
- Create project, setup umg widget.
- Create 2 border
- Bind them both with OnMouseButtonDown
- When binding function is done, I change name of the binding name.
- That stops the binding from working properly and it won’t use the binding.
I hope this helps.
I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-17763) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.
Make it a great day