Changing mod visibility for testing

I have been trying to iron out a bug in my mod but I don’t know the proper way to push fixes without having all my users get it as well. If my mod is set to public visibility and I change it to friends only or hidden how will it change the steam page? Will people lose access to the mod entirely? Will the last public version remain available while the new hidden version be visible to me alone?

Perhaps there is an easier method of testing my mod on my local copy of ark but I haven’t been able to find one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Open mods.db (located in saved folder of devkit) in Notepad++ !!!NOT WINDOWS NOTEPAD!!!, the program called Notepad++ and copy your current mods info from the “{ to the },” Close mods.db

FLSword_Mod1.PNG

Add TEST or something to the mod title and click “reset publisher” on the cook window then upload your mod as a new mod (change visibility to whatever you want)

FLSword_Mod3.PNG

Close the devkit and re-open mods.db. !!!IF YOU DO NOT CLOSE THE DEVKIT PRIOR TO OPENING MODS.DB, YOUR CHANGES WILL NOT BE SAVED!!!

Find your new mod’s info and paste in the old mod info above or below it like so:

FLSword_Mod1.PNG

Switch between the 2 & Test away!

FLSword_Mod3.PNG