Download

Changing how Unclaim works

I’d like to make a mod to change how the Unclaim feature works, so that after a dinosaur has been unclaimed for a certain period of time, it’s despawned from the map. I’ve only just picked up the DevKit so I’m still getting acquainted with the basics, but before I really dig in, I’d like to know if what I’m trying to do is even possible. I’ve rummaged through the game folders but haven’t found anything related to Unclaiming yet, though I may have just overlooked it. Am I missing something or is this a feature that can’t be modded?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I want to say it’s probably located in the source code (could be very wrong though). If it is, you might be able to blueprint in a way to over-ride its defaults (probably not). Just keep in mind, that this is quite advanced as well as VERY complicated blueprinting.

Thanks for the response. I was starting to fear that was the case. Since that feature doesn’t seem to be directly (or easily) moddable, would it be more feasible to make an object and/or weapon that, when placed or used, tags unclaimed dinos in the immediate vicinity and then despawns them? Basically, I’m trying to make something with similar functionality to the DinoWipe mod but without having to wipe the entire map of all dinos, just unclaimed ones.