Changing default grid size

I’m sure there must be a simple answer to this, but for the life of me I can’t seem to find it. I’m looking for a way to change the size of the default rendered grid in the editor. It seems that each square in the grid is 2000 units across in X and Y, and I’d like to set it to something smaller – say, 64 or 128.

Hi Paul,

The simple answer is “No” :slight_smile:

Currently there is no way to adjust the size of the grid, but we do already have a feature request in for this ability to be added.

Cheers!

OK, thanks! This would be helpful to us for sure.

Any idea why the decision was made to change the grid scale to highlight every 10 units rather than what it used to be in UDK which was 8? Now when I try to import my meshes from my UDK project the scale is all off and I can’t align any of the geo to the grid anymore cause the scale is all off.

Hi TorQueMoD,

The reason for the grid change is everything in UE4 is based off of Centimeters instead of Unreal Units. The metric system is divisible by 10, so it works in conjunction with our Base-10 math system very well.

With that said, this is an archived post from our beta users, if you still have any questions on this issue please feel free to post a new question.

Have a good day.

Thanks, TJ