Changing culture/language does nothing in editor

There’s also no other option but “None” in the game language selector.
Blueprint thing return true and it also works just fine in the production build.
But in the editor it just hangs for a fraction of a second and then nothing changes.

What could this be?
Where should I start?

As far as i know, when you change culture in the editor, only changes the editor itself, (menus and panels) but not the game content.
The game content only change in the build.

Why are there separate selectors then?

If you use Play in Editor, the game localization service is disabled, and any changes to culture will only affect the editor itself.

See Managing the Active Culture at Runtime | Unreal Engine Documentation for details.

You can use the Preview Game Language parameter (it’s on your screenshot) to set the culture you want and the game should launch with this culture.

A better option is to launch the game in Standalone Game mode, where the localization works and you can switch the active culture either via in-game menus or “culture=code” command in the game console (e.g. “culture=en-US” or “culture=ru-RU”).

Localization works (as in, it allows you to switch the game culture in runtime) not only in the build but also in standalone game mode.

If I want to set the culture without changing my editor language, what should I do? Thank you.

Hey! Do that in standalone game mode. It’s the only way to get both your game culture and translations working properly.