Changing active camera

Hey folks. I’m having a little trouble figuring out how to set my active camera in BP. Can anyone point me in the right direction for changing the camera on the fly, or even at the start of the game.
The camera I’m making doesn’t work well for me as a component of my character so I have it set up as a separate BP. Spawning it and positioning it are no problem. Just cant figure out how to make it the default or set it as active at the start of the game.
Figured I’d try here before I put it up on the answerhub as someone might know and I’m sure I’m not the only one having trouble with this.
Thanks.

Have you tried searching the answer hub? Usually someone has had a similar issue at some point in the past. I found this with a real quick search:

Hopefully that helps.

Thats done it. I’ve been checking mostly the docs but also the answerhub but couldn’t find it. I guess I’ve been search for the wrong thing.
Thanks for your help!

any answer to this ?

this doesnt work in 2022…
“set view target” doesnt seem to exist.
Any new method to use?

EDIT:
hmm, context sensitivity was on. I wonder why i cant change the “view target” on begin play on a BP_Camera with two different cameras in it?

You need to get set view target from the player controller.

1 Like