I have a particle system which I have added as a component to a static mesh. Everything works fine initially. My goal is to change any vector parameter in this particle system on overlap with the static mesh, but I am unable regardless of how many tutorials I follow or how much I have googled.
To my knowledge this is all that should be required:
- Change an attribute in Cascade to vector parameter (in this example I will use acceleration)
- Change param modes to DPM Direct
- Name the parameter (in this example I will call it Accel)
- Change the min max values to desired range of possible values
- Go to static mesh bp
- Get reference to the particle system component
- Set vector parameter node in overlap function using a suitable vector, and typing the name Accel
Am I missing something in this process? I have spent so many hours on this but to no avail. The weird thing is I can get any scalar parameter working, but not vector parameters. Any ideas of what I might be missing? I’m using 4.21.1. Thanks for your help!
Blueprints of my setup below: