Changes in the material instance editor won't show up in the level editor

Are you sure that you are using Landscape_Material_Inst on landscape?

It looks like to me that you are still using Landscape_Material…

Hey!

I’m kind of new, I got ue4 around 2 days ago so I might be doing something incredibly wrong, but I can’t find a solution anywhere on google, so I figured I should just ask here instead.

So I’ve been playing around some with the software, and until now, I’ve always saved new material changes in the actual material editor. When applying/saving the changes, I would have had to wait for quite a while before they show up on the level editor. However, I found out that you could change material properties quicker by converting the constants to parameters, and change the values in a material instance window instead. This way, the changes will update instantly in the level editor.

I’ve been trying to do this with my roughness value, but nothing changes at all. It’s still stuck on 1, and no matter how much I try to change the parameter value, it will only show on the sphere in the instance editor, not the actual level editor.

I would really appreciate some help from a kind soul willing to guide a newcomer.

Thanks in advance!

Material editor: Screenshot - c427948eb16787a8353f0d9954638433 - Gyazo
Roughness value set on 0: Screenshot - 21c3155ea0947dc23168454a00cdc6ef - Gyazo
Roughness value set on 1: Screenshot - 3a287f90817c4c053224f857c5c10405 - Gyazo