I am using Unreal 4.25. This bug occurs after programming an actor component for a while.
- Changes done to an actor component in C++ are not reflected to Blueprint without reopening the Unreal editor.
- Create an actor component in C++.
- Add that component to some actor in Blueprint.
- Add some UPROPERTYs and UFUNCTIONs to the component from C++, all BlueprintReadOnly/ReadWrite or BlueprintCallable.
- Build from Visual Studio (or Rider).
- The newly added UPROPERTYs or UFUNCTIONs will not be visible in blueprint without reopening the Unreal editor.
I have tried:
- Refresh all nodes.
- Remove and attach the component back (not feasible for big projects).
- Compile within the Unreal editor.
- Rebuild from VS or Rider.
None of the above works. I have to reopen the Unreal editor every time I make a new change. This slows down the workflow dramatically, it leads to bugs, leads to misinformation (e.g, BlueprintReadWrite variable does not become settable in blueprint => makes people think BlueprintReadWrite is not the correct specifier, but it is) and overall frustrates the user.
I will add here that this does not instantly happen. I’ve been working on a component for 2 days, it started happening only recently.
Thank you for your attention.