Change the character's movement vector during the jump

Hello everyone! Tell me please, is it possible to change the vector of the third person character’s movement during the jump? The “Use controller rotation Yaw” option is enabled in my character’s BP. When the mouse moves along the X axis, the Character turns in the right direction while running or walking. Well, everything is OK. But, if you “jump” and turn in some direction, the character will jump in the direction that was at jump start moment. How can this issue be resolved? Thank you!

Hey there @nitrogen092! So without getting into the source code, the character movement component decided your horizontal jump angle based on the movement velocity itself, the only true control over that without editing the movement component itself would be these bools:

Which aren’t ideal for your use case. Many users end up using the Launch node instead of jump for these cases.

I tried to adjust these parameters, but to no avail. It seems to me that we need to look for the truth in the “Look” event. There I set Mouse Sensitivity and Mouse Inversion parameters.
I know it’s possible to get a character’s ForwardVector, but I can’t set it. During the “Look”, the character’s turn changes, including during the jump…

The last time I created a wall running system I went with using Launch based on camera direction instead as it was just easier to pull off. Are you handling this with a custom movement mode or just suppressing the character’s other movement while wall running?

I don’t quite understand you, I’m sorry. I’m creating a platformer game. I need that when jumping from the platform, sharply turn the camera to the side, the character at the moment of the jump turned in this direction. Simply put, I need to do the same thing that now works when walking/running.