Change PhysX Configuration to Profile: What does this mean?

Hello all,

I’ve recently been working through a tutorial for accessing a mesh’s triangles and vertices. I’ve downloaded the UE4 and PhysX source in an attempt to access the PhysX source files. I’m on this step of the tutorial, and I’m told to change the PhysX configuration to profile before building the PhysX solution.

What does it mean to change the configuration to profile? I’m new to this sort of thing, so I don’t know what file I should be changing or how to do it. I can navigate to the PhysX.sln, but it’s blank when I open it. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Sorta related to the above question, the reason I’m trying to use the PhysX source is because when I try to use #include “PhysXIncludes.h”, I get a whole slew of errors telling me that the project can’t open the source files. The project will still build successfully with the #includes, but after that, I’m getting an error in my code that says “pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed”. I’m not certain, but I’m guessing that the errors are related to each other.

The tutorial I’m trying to follow is this one, the second half where Rama starts explaining. Has anyone had any success in following this tutorial? I can’t tell if my problem is engine related or not.

After spending a bit more time learning about the engine and API, I don’t think that the BodySetup problem and the “Cannot open source files” errors could be related to each other. I’m looking into the BodySetup problem elsewhere now. I still wonder, are the “Cannot open source files” errors something that I should worry about? Those errors don’t stop the project from compiling, but I’m wondering if I can safely ignore them or not.

Thanks.