Change default CSS for HTML 5 package

Hello,

Sorry for the likely dumb question, but I was wondering if there was a way to specify what CSS to use in the Unreal Engine itself. I know you can adjust the CSS in the code upon packaging, but would like to tell the engine to package with a CSS that I’d made without having to dive into said code each time I or a teammate packages a product for HTML5. I couldn’t locate any options in the project settings, however.

For instance/to be clear, I can package then change the portion of the HTML file (after opening in Notepad++ or similar, of course) to link another sheet rather than the default maxcdn bootstrap.min.css file it links to, or add/remove buttons below that. Just wondering if there was a way to tell the engine, “Hey, build with Lesson13.css instead of bootstrap.min.css” or similar so that I wouldn’t have to dive into the HTML file after packaging and change it there, as it can become tedious after several teammates continually update and package things based on feedback.

I’ve checked in the Answers hub and didn’t find anything, nor did a quick search in the forums turn up anything. I apologize if I just missed something in any of the locations (forum, engine, or answer hub).

There is not a setting in the editor or config files that I know of to do this currently.

You could edit the GameX.html.template file in the engine which is located here:
%install_location%\Epic Games%engine_version%\Engine\Build\HTML5

However, any changes will apply to ALL projects using that engine version, and you’d have to do it manually on every development machine. Unless you are working of the engine source, where the change could be shared.

There is a mechanism for project settings to be injected into GameX.html.template file. For example, if you look under the HTML5 platform settings in project settings, you’ll see and option to “compress files during shipping packaging”. This is injected into the template on line 37 in place of the placeholder variable %SERVE_COMPRESSED%. So theoretically, you could fork the engine source code, and add another parameter to inject a css filename into the template when you package a project.