this are my first steps with changing UE4 Sources so sorry if my questions don`t make sense.
I got the sources from github and i am using XCode
- I followed the steps described on github to fork and clone the repository
- I now have a local xcode-project
- I can build an run “UE4Editor” from Xcode - the editor opens and works
Now i changed the source at RecastNavMeshGenerator.cpp, I just added a
UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT(“Test source changes”));
Then i rebuild UE4Editor with Xcode and hoped that in the TopDownExampleMap i would see my message in the “Output Log”. Which does not happen. Obviously i am missing some points.
- Is it enough to rebuild the UE4Editor for such changes?
- Is UE_LOG the right way to log to the editor “Output log”
- What would be a good place to place a Logging statement just to test that the engine changes were built and are used?
- What else am i missing