- I’d like to be able to permanently change the pivot of an actor on the fly.
- I’d like to be able to re-center the pivot if I need to.
What I do Know:
- Alt+MMB will change the actor pivot temporarily until the object is deselected. This can be grid snapped, or not grid snapped depending on the toggle
- if I change the pivot in the asset in Maya, it will retain that pivot when brought into UE
- one used to be able to use the “Pivot” menu that was below “Attach To” and “Transform” in the right click menu. it had options like “Save Pivot to Pre-Pivot”, “Reset Pre-Pivot”, “Reset Pivot”, “Move Here”, "Move Here (Snapped), and “Center on Selection”. Are these located somewhere new?
I’m a maya user that CONSTANTLY uses the “D” key + “V”, “X”, “C” for vert/grid/curve snapping. Having this function would allow me to perform layouts at a comparable speed and I consider this to be quite a powerful mechanic in general. I’d hate to see such a great program that used to have it, not have it anymore.
Hopefully someone can direct me to a solution regarding a manually shiftable/resettable actor pivot.