Center Of Universe by Leo_Stan

Title: Center Of Universe

Video URL: https://youtu.be/O-AR3xVsnas

Student Submission: No
Credits to sourced content:
-Textures partly comes from Quixel Megascans

Screenshot of project in-editor:

• Description / backstory to the piece / feedback around the challenge:

In this short film I wanted to play with the dualism between symmetry and asymmetry, between chaos and order, between fury and elegance, a look at the center of the universe where the laws we know lose their meaning and the irrational merges with logic in a mesmerizing dance.

I took inspiration for this video from a dream I had while I had a high fever, I kept seeing intersecting geometric shapes in motion, seemingly meaningless, my rational mind wanted to find meaning in them, while my emotional one just admired the complexity of it. So I wanted to recreate that feeling on Unreal Engine which lends itself perfectly to this type of animation.

…and I also thought it was perfect for the contest theme

I mostly do 3D modeling, but occasionally I like to bring my models to life with some cool animations.

Hope you like it!

Technical details:

• I developed the main 3D model entirely with Blender
  • The animations are developed entirely inside Unreal Engine 5.2 with the use of a Blueprint made by me.
    -The video was rendered using Movie Render Queue exclusively.
  • The audio was done in post production using Ableton Live 11
    All audio samples are recorded and processed by me.
  • Engine version: 5.2

Edited

• Due to a probable infringement of the rules of the contest I proceeded to reload the video using only Movie Render Queue located within the Unreal Engine, I also proceeded to provide an image of the rendering as requested by the Staff. - Leo_Stan
5 Likes

Excellent work on your short cinematic, @Leo_Stan! It’s nothing less than mesmerizing. Thank you for participating in the Furious Elegance challenge and sharing your fantastic creation. :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you! it means a lot to me!

1 Like

Hey there @Leo_Stan !

This was honestly a bit hypnotizing while also being very beautiful. The animations were very fluid and I loved the electric sparks as you zoomed further away. I will certainly agree with you in saying I think it is a wonderful match for the contest theme! I hope we can see more of your works!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! it has been a real challenge to make all those things to work as intended but also quite fun, i’m very glad that you like it! :pray:

2 Likes